Sunday, September 30, 2007

Poor Baby Nixon

This is right after the procedure!

Poor little Nixon has had clogged tear ducts. They have been sealing his eyes shut for a couple of weeks and I have been putting a warm wash cloth on them and rubbing the duct to help it open. Well, this hasn't worked! Only an hour or so after washing his eyes they would get goopy again. His eyes would be sore and chapped by the end of the day and he would cry when I touched his eyes. Most doctors won't probe the duct to stop this problem until baby is 1 year (because 90% of the time they open on their own and at that age doctors can drug the baby) and so I flew to California to see My Uncle Steve- Eye Doc- to help. I could not handle this for another 10 months! He and three of his assistants held Nixon and got his tear duct open. This involved sticking a long needle like tool into his tear duct to get it open. I asked my uncle how painful this would be and he said extremely! so I was not looking forward to this procedure, but I am now glad it is done and Nixon's eyes are so much better!

1 comment:

shana said...

Poor baby! That had to have been so sad to watch that as a mom. Good thing he is doing better:)