Sunday, January 13, 2008

Bikram Yoga

Bikram Yoga is a style of yoga created by Bikram Choudhury. He claims his style is the only true hatha yoga practiced in the West. It's a series of 26 yoga postures called asanas and two breathing exercises performed in a 100F room during a 90 minute period. The heat loosens the muscles, helps to prevent injury and makes you sweat excessively, leeching out toxins. And for some reason I find this to be enjoyable! I usually do dread going, but I go because when I am done I feel great. For Christmas Nate gave me a year membership to the studio I have been going to. I am excited to go more often.

2 comments:

christina said...

My hairdresser was just telling me how much she loves this! I am very intrigued.

Rachel McEwen said...

where is this studio? I am interested.