Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Baby Delivery Recovery

I have some friends & family members having babies in the next couple months and have had requests for this information. I have a list of musts for recovering from a delivery that I swear by. My physical recoveries have gone quickly because of these items. My aunt Becky gave me the inside info on these things and what's funny is that when I ask the nurses for some of these things the light bulb goes off in their head. Like duh! I knew you needed that. They don't offer most of the items, but grab them the moment you ask.

The List
Tucks medicated pads
Dermoplast antiseptic spray
Maxi pads with wings
Sitz bath (available in the hospital)
Colace stool softener
Advil/ Tylenol
Ice pack (floppy blue bottle to fill)
Squirt bottle
Cabbage

I will keep updating this list, but if there is anything that you would add for you hospital bag or recovery let me know! And I will keep updating this list.

4 comments:

jamieBEE said...

Great list!!
I agree - Stool softener is a must! count your poops if you have too!!! DO NOT GET CONSTIPATED! It hurts! trust me!
I LOVE the spray! Get a few bottles and bring them home! (They work great on sunburns too)
And Add this one to your list: with the pads you can get a soft disposable ice-pack for "down there" if you have swelling after delivery....they give out these disposable panties that hold everything nice and tight. Change it out every 30 minutes. It worked MIRACLES! (The ice pack is white, long and full of stuff when you shake it and bend it it will get cold)

jamieBEE said...

Oh and to help with nursing....For the first week or so fill a size 1 diaper full of hot water and hold it on your boob for 2-3 minutes before you nurse. This is AWESOME! I don't know why or how but it made nursing so nice! It helps especially when you are getting engorged and softens everything up so you do not have cracking. I learned this one with baby #2 and had to share! (Some use a wet wash cloth but they get cold very quickly...a diaper will keep the warm water insulated and it will stay warm longer)

Rachel McEwen said...

I always ask for some of those things and really stock up on them too, along with diapers and wipeys.

Jason and Sabrina said...

Thanks Brit, this is SO helpful! By the way, Jason and I started a blogspot a little while ago, I didn't remember if I told you that (pregnancy brain!). jasonandsabrinagunderson.blogspot.com it's not very fancy but that's because I don't know what i am doing yet! any tips on that would be great too. You are a fountain of useful knowledge!