Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Baked Potato ... Ice Cream Sundaes

April Fools to my boys!

Nate was not too amused with our desert choice. He just glared at me like I was crazy for a moment and then said he wanted chocolate chip cookies.

Directions: Place 3 generous scoops of ice cream on each sheet of plastic wrap; gather ends lengthwise and mold into the shape of a baked potato. Set each on a sheet of aluminum foil and wrap to hold in place; transfer to freezer to firm, about 1 hour. Unwrap frozen "potatoes," and coat with cocoa powder. Draw a knife through the cocoa on top of each "potato" to expose the inside. Top with whipped cream, green sprinkles for "chives," and "butter pats." Serve immediately with chocolate sauce.
My boys didn't love them though- the cocoa powder was a little bitter for them, so maybe just chocolate ice cream would work.

1 comment:

Rachel McEwen said...

what a cute and creative idea. I think that cocoa powder isn't very good either, I wonder what else would work? I still want to know about that large cupcake. I thought that was adorable.