Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Flu!

So the cabin was a fun weekend, but once Monday hit I was sick! I rarely get sick so I thought this would blow over in a day or so. I had a headache all Monday which I thought was an altitude problem. Monday night it turned into a stomach ache and migraine and Advil was not kicking in. I took a bath and felt like I was going to pass out. I had a prescription of Zpac called in and expected to wake up Tuesday a lot better. But was worse. I went into my doctor and got an IV and went back to bed with the diagnoses of influenza and a sinus inflection. Everything hurt and nothing I did would ease the pain- headaches, double ear ache, super sore throat, a cough that made it really hard to breathe, stomach aches, back and chest pain, I was freezing but under blankets I was sweating from the fevers . . . Wednesday no better. Thursday another IV and by Friday I wanted to die. My boys woke up sick and I was certain if they got what I had they would be in the hospital because that is where I wanted to be. I was having one of those days where I was thinking "If this ever ends I will..." which is funny to think about now because it is obvious that it would end just a matter of time. Friday my doctor gave me a shot of steroids to help recovery. I hadn't eaten since Monday so nursing my baby was hard. And after the shot I had to stop nursing for 2 days because he could not have the steroids- This now ruined his life even more while he was sick. I had a milk supply pumped but he did not want a bottle from me when I had what he really wanted. I now see the end of the tunnel. My boys were only sick for 1 or 2 days and I am reaching the end of my aliments. I am back to being "mom" but we are still doing family nap time in the middle of the day. I think my energy supply will take a little while to get back. Thank goodness for Nate- he took time off work to run the house- and my mom also took my boys a lot. I do not know how else the past week would have been possible. Next year the flu shot is a strong possibility.

No comments: