Sunday, January 27, 2008

President Hinckley Has Passed Away

President Hinckley passed way this evening-At the age of 97. I am happy that he gets to see his dear wife. He will always be a prophet that I remember fondly. He was such a happy prophet. I remember being at the Conference Center when he gave his talk on the 6Be's-

Be Grateful
Be Smart
Be Clean
Be True
Be Humble
Be Prayerful


I have read and enjoyed many of his books. The number of temples built has increased. Many of us read the Book of Mormon as part of President Hinckley's challenge.

“Without reservation I promise you that if each of you will observe this simple program, regardless of how many times you previously may have read the Book of Mormon, there will come into your lives and into your homes an added measure of the Spirit of the Lord, a strengthened resolution to walk in obedience to His commandments, and a stronger testimony of the living reality of the Son of God.”
-President Hinckley

2 comments:

Sarah Goodsell said...

I'm sad but happy at the same time! I am really glad he get's to be with his wife again.

Rachel McEwen said...

I can't believe how fast the news spread. I swear within a couple hours of his death the whole world knew. That just goes to show the powerful impact that he had on so many lives. I too will miss his adorable smile. I would love to see the reunion between Sis. Hinckley and him.